Historic Zoar Village logo

The Cobbler Shop #22 - 1828

Virtual Tour > The Cobbler Shop

The Cobbler Shop can be found on the northeast corner of Main and Second Streets.

It was built in 1828 and is a frame structure. Shoes for all the Zoar residents were made and repaired here. The women wore high-laced shoes that required greasing every week. In the summer, they wore a low shoe similar to our loafer. The men and boys work leather boots. The boys’ boots had brass tips on the toes. The Cobbler Shop is currently privately owned and is a bed and breakfast, as well as an antique shop.

Subscribe To Our Newsletter