Historic Zoar Village logo

Tin Shop - 1825

Virtual Tour > Tin Shop

The Tin Shop is located on the east side of Main Street, between Third and Fourth Streets.

It was reconstructed in 1970 by The Ohio History Connection, and is made of framed timbers filled with brick – a technique called nogging, which was typical of Zoar construction.

This building is actually on the site of the second Tin Shop. The first was located on the first floor of the Old Meeting House. All cooking utensils were made here, including cookie pans, cookie cutters, tin cups, pails and bread pans. The Tin Shop is owned and operated by the Ohio History Connection and is open to the public.

Subscribe To Our Newsletter