Historic Zoar Village logo

The Wagon Shop - 1840

Virtual Tour > The Wagon Shop

The Wagon Shop is situated south of First Street, on the east side of Main Street.

The Wagon Shop is where wagons and buggies were constructed. The wagon-maker, like all workmen of the day, worked from daylight until dusk six days a week. They usually completed one wagon in a winter.

In later years, some wagons were sold to nearby farmers who considered the Zoar-made product stronger and more durable than those available from factories. The Wagon Shop was reconstructed in 1972 by the Ohio History Connection, and is open to the public.

Subscribe To Our Newsletter